Emily’s Savory Pumpkin Seeds~
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 1/2 Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat over to 275 degrees for 10 minutes
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a cookie sheet
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes or so to see who browned they are
If you are looking for a more salty/savory flavor this is a great recipe. My fiancé will swear by it.
Gwyenth’s Blue Cheese Stuffen Turkey Burgers…
Blue Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers
adapted from My Father’s Daughter by Gwyneth Paltrow
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
1 pound ground turkey
1 pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Warm the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion and rosemary until translucent and fragrant. Set aside.
2. Add the ground turkey, onion, rosemary, and salt to a large bowl and mix everything together. Form the turkey into four evenly-sized burger patties. Place 1 large pinch of blue cheese into each burger and pull the meat over the cheese.
3. Warm a grill to medium heat and grill the burgers until they are cooked through and firm. Serve them on whole wheat buns with any toppings you prefer!
I am a serious olive lover. They are a really yummy snack or meal addition. I have almost no sweet tooth, which I make up for in my salty food consumption. Enter this…
Recipe for Marinated Olives
- 1 1/2 cups Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
- 1 1/2 cups cracked brine-cured green olives
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Combine all ingredients in large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Shake bag to blend ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 day and up to 3 days, turning bag occasionally. Transfer olives and some marinade to bowl. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving.