I had lots of fun getting ready for the holiday this year. I had planned a mellow get together, mainly with just my family and father in law. We had a fun day playing in the pool, making pretzels, and being together. I picked up an old Pepsi Crate from Pottery Barn and used it as the main setting for our buffet table. Combined with a couple handmade decorations, and a galvanized water bucket full of hydrangeas it was a simple and fun set up.
and of course some hand made fun from preschool : )
For dinner the menu was . . .
- Frozen grapes on skewers
- Home-made Soft Pretzels
- Watermelon, blueberries, and raspberries
- Corn with butter, crushed black pepper, and cardamom
- Garlic Turkey Burgers with Gruyere & Swiss Cheese
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Dogs
- Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
- Cabbage Salad with Lemon & Apple Cider Dressing and Pomegranate Seeds
For Dessert we pulled out the backyard fire pit and made some yummy s’mores before heading out for the firework show.