Since discovering Silhouette’s Printable tattoo paper a few years back I’ve been a bit obsessed with making my own tattoos. I made them for My Bachelorette 1 & My Bachelorette 2, Tom’s 5th Birthday and his Tball party just to name a few. So I thought why not make some more, no harm right? See what I mean about being obsessed?
Anyways, I thought it would be fun to make some tattoos in honor of Father’s Day. Something that dad wouldn’t mind wearing and something that strayed from the ever popular heart with dad across it.
I put together a couple designs that anyone in the family can wear to give dad a little shout out.
Of course, the person who has the most fun with these is Thomas. I definitely didn’t have more fun than my 5 year old… I’ll just keep telling myself that.
To make your own first download the printable
*Note: the images need to be backwards in order to look correct when applying so don’t turn them around.
1. Take your Silhouette Tattoo paper and print on the glossy side of the white sheet.
2. Once the ink is dry carefully remove the clear paper from the green backing sheet and apply to the top of the printed tattoo page.
3. Press down hard, but carefully to remove any air bubbles and to get the plastic cover tight.
4. Cut out tattoos. If you have the Cameo Cutter you will need to use the steps for that. I used regular old scissors.
5. Apply! Remove plastic covering, place tattoo on desired location, hold a damp cloth to it for 10 to 20 seconds.
You’re done. Now you’ve got some spiffy tattoos to show how awesome dad is!
See what I mean about having fun? Look at that face. Such a goofball. But he was stoked on the tattoos!
Thomas took that picture. It’s pretty good right? I think there is a huge probability he has better photography skills than I do.
Hope you enjoy the printables! If you print them make sure to take a snapshot on instagram and tag me @emilyalder or you can email me pictures and I can feature them next week! I’d love to see what you do with yours!
Happy Father’s Day!